Suleman Khan was admitted as a Barrister of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn in 2005 and holds a Masters degree in International Business Law from the London School of Economics (LSE). He specializes in business advisory, commercial, employment, property, contractual negotiation, drafting and related litigation. Additionally, as Managing Partner of the KPK office of Khan & Muezzin, he advises and handles property-related litigation and looks after clients requiring legal services in KPK.
Suleman handles a large part of the firm’s consultancy / advisory work. His key skills include:
Legal Advice and Representation
Drafting and Reviewing Contracts
Drafting Pleadings, Constitutional Petitions, etc.
Regulatory Advice & Assistance
Representation before Legal Forums
Negotiation, Mediation & Arbitration
Suleman takes great interest in alternative mode of dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration vis-à-vis commercial matters and family disputes.
Suleman also has a keen interest in the study of national and international legal and policy issues and to translate those studies into solutions, strategies and decision-making tools, especially in the context of Islamic Jurisprudence and improving the overall existing legal framework in Pakistan. He has also remained a visiting lecturer at the Islamabad School of Law and frequently writes law related articles.
- Advising and assisting a Pharmaceutical Business with International Arbitration.
- Advising and acting as counsel for a leading Oil Marketing Company.
- Advising and acting as counsel for a number of private companies / INGOs, partnership businesses, etc. handling commercial and HR related issues.
- Acting as counsel for a leading real estate construction company in litigation and assisting with dispute management.
- Acting as counsel in a number of family cases involving primarily divorce, recovery of dower, inheritance or custody of minor children.
- Pursuing constitutional petitions against regulatory / autonomous bodies for a number of individual and corporate clients.
- Pursuing land acquisition and land revenue cases before relevant courts of law, including the High Courts of Pakistan.
- Advising a number of INGOs on employment, HR-related issues and general day-to-day advice.
- Article titled “Muslim Personal Law vs State Law – Marriage & Divorce” (http://courtingthelaw.com/2016/03/28/commentary/muslim-personal-law-vs-state-law-marriage-divorce/
- Article titled “Earnest Money Not So Earnest” (http://courtingthelaw.com/2019/03/20/commentary/earnest-money-not-so-earnest/